Hubert : Suggestion for editor

One suggestion, easy to do, I think, to make more easy and faster the creation of maps with lot of coasts :

When the player has chose and placed a coastal tile on the map, only others coastal tiles that are compatibles with this tile for border are apparent in the list of tiles. Player may turn off/on this option.

With this little tip, creation of map will be more faster than actually, and this system will favorize modding and scenarios. So, I think it will be good for the game. ;)

I have made a little help_tool, that give a N° to the different tiles, to help players to remember what tile "works good" with others, but an automatic help in the game will be great.

And other suggestion : to give us One or two supplementary class of terrain (i.e : hills, etc...) : it will be more easy for modding the game ( i.e : adding roads in the game by mod is very easy, but one class of terrain is "taken" by this operation)

But except these two points, I have to say that your editor is 90 % perfect (I have tried "context tool" in extra directory, and it is very cool) ;) It was a very goo idea to include different graph for same terrain : modders will be able to create new terrains like : fields, jungle, etc... I have began that sort of work and it looks great.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=34;t=001408

[ April 24, 2006, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

SUGGESTION:!!!

Whynot incorporate a 'Universal Terrain Creator Programme'...so-that, for example,...you have access to all the Terrain ingredient's in an inventory,then select what you require for your Terrain-Tile, postion these selected element's within your new Tile to your satisfaction, from here you could also Rotate-it so that it will be usable/functional for your purpose's!.

This way, instead of just being able to select Terrain Tiles from a premade batch of Tiles, you would be able to easily create or modify existing Tiles for what-ever contingency!.

Perhap's,...being able to assign values for 'passibility' or 'movement' should be considered too!.

***Just a 'Another' loose, unrefined, thought!!!.***

A make your own tile set would be at the top of my wish list. It would solve the road/rail issue. Only problem would be how the AI handles new terrain types, but if they were simple variables with numerical ratings, it couldn't get too screwed up.