Is there any point invading Norway as Axis?

I always do, but recently i've wondered if it's actually worth it. Pros and cons of invading Norway:

Pros - The same pros you get with invading any minor i.e. plunder, increased resources, blooding your forces further and having more strategic possibilities. Apart from these, the obvious benefit of taking Norway is gaining the extra 3 ports which make it far easier to harrass the British convoys to USSR.

Cons - It takes an expensive amphibious operation to take it, which jeopardizes the German navy.

If a human opponent shows initiative then there will be a couple of corps waiting to occupy Bergen and Trondheim as soon as Norway surrenders, creating a costly distraction for Germany and extra resources for Britain.

If all of Norway is siezed, Partisans will always affect it's overall output anyway.

Occupying Norway requires three corps, which could otherwise be used to occupy all of France or used in partisan operations in Russia.

Crucially however, Germany already recieves convoys from Norway for free. And on top of everything there is the obvious increase in war readiness for USA and USSR.

What do you think, do the pros outweigh the cons?

Depends on who you're playing. Norway is a gateway to Sweden-Finland and control of the Baltic. So if you're playing a hotshot player I would suggest you take it

if you're not it's just another place where you have to garrison more units and there are plenty of other options, even if you're playing a good player, if you can focus your firepower on another location as well, go ahead and do it. pros and cons don't matter, there is great political consequence for taking Norway. There is however with Sweden.

I too wonder about Norway. I normally take it because I am a historical player but sometimes I do not if I am behind schedule.

I do like placing an air unit Norway to help keep the Allies honest.

As the Axis I have never and will never invade Sweden. It is a pro Axis neutral who provides me my Iron Ore. Would I jepordize that in real life no I would not nor did the Axis so I will try and defend it but no invasion there for me.

If I were an Allied player though Sweden would be open season if I had away to get there so Norway/Sweden makes sense.

Jim, you're right if you could keep both neutral it would benefit the Axis.. Though that is often not the case, so Sweden despite the great price is a necessary evil.

You're supplied by Denmark Port so you can take Norway and Sweden with a little planning usually from England pretty easy. Most UK players will take Norway down before the onset of Snow in 1939 if you're playing competitive players