I have given Germany and Italy's AI an initial 9999 MPP boost each in the 1939 scenario. We are now at the end of 1941 and I was able to hold the line in the USSR and using tanks for peeling off his units until I can get stronger for encirclements. NA is strictly British although Malta is taking an air beating.

I know that the AI is being patched but it is good to see how far you can go giving the AI such a boost.

I will probably win this game.

Still holding the line in USSR but Axis air power ( I think they have 20 combined fleets or so) pummeling the heck out of me.) Took Syrai but Iraq went ape & native on me. USA joined in June of 42 and having increaesd MPPs alows me to stay alive for the moment.

AI is inactive in NA and did not put an effort. He is focused on taking Malta.

I can't afford a slugfest in USSR so I have to be very patient and pick my targets.

Hubert should boost MPP production for AI depending on difficulty level (Blashy, please be quiet about the editor smile.gif

There should be smarter AI follow through in trying to do breakthroughs especially with armor.

Well I won't be quiet about the editor because that is what it is there for.

Increased MPPs is not my idea of improving the AI.

IMHO, Edwin is on the right path to improving the AI via proper scripting.

And Hubert is doing his BIG part as well.

Yep, I think scripting is the key as Germany fell in September of 44. But also for the AI to recognize tough terrain/defenses to avoid or to mass firepower on those areas. Or to hit weaker areas of the defenses.

The AI did amass a good sub fleet in the Atlantic but did not put it to good use.

Also, the AI did not struggle for NA inspite of having massive numerical superiority.

I do agree with you wholeheartedly that infusing the AI with this massive MPP does not help the AI.