are majors units more powerful than equivilent unit of opposition

Just wondering

played a game where i was German and had tank battle with russia. we both had lvl 2 tanks and, after we discussed it, similiar experience with said tanks but my tanks outkilled his like 4to1. both had leadership support and similiar terrain

also when he had lvl 2 to my lvl 1 my opponent attacked one of my tanks, which had poor morale and supply, with one of his healthy tanks on clear terrain and he lost more strength points than i did

just wondered if there is a fudge factor making some countries more potent attackers if all else is equal

Right Click on the unit, it will have an the values listed for it. There is no difference between a German or a Russian tank in SC... You may have noticed though 25% blitzkrieg attack when a unit is adjacent... Readiness/Morale modifier... Experience Modifier... and the random factor which terrain and entrenchment has it's own factors as well which it outlined in the book... Mountains/Forts/Fortresses being the best on down...

No difference, unless you are using the French or Italian tank in SC2WaW, where they have one (1) strike only. Liam is spot on, study the charts in the back of the manual, and read the section on how combat losses are calculated. You too can be the next Yodl!

I did a test game for Germany where I bought the level 6 HQs (Leeb, Von XXXXX, etc) to save a few MPPs and to test how much difference the quality is. I had supply, but Manstien vs Leeb is no contest. I couldn't kill as fast, and I took more losses. The break line I found in testing are the quality 7 generals, maybe from rounding. Just don't skimp on quality for generals.