I know everyone wants this game in-order to play with Tiger tanks and Me-262s, but I am looking forward to building a massive U-boat force. I think that this theater of the war is often overlooked eventhogh it was the longest running battle of the war and one of the most important stuggles of the war. I am curious how the battle of the Atlantic will play out.

Will it be possible to dominate the oceans in SC2? Will it be possible to have the United Kingdom surrender without invading the Island itself? Can we "starve" the British into submission?

In SC1 it was nearly impossible to win the war at sea while playing as Germany.

In Sc2;

1. Atlantic Ocean is larger

2. Subs are cheaper

3. Diving chance is higher

4. Intercepting Merchant shipping may be more rewarding.

In Sc1;

Vs AI (not humans) you can dominate the Atlantic and prevent the AI from launching a D-Day invasion by; sending Italian Fleet to the Atlantic in support of German subs built in Southern France under the protection of a bomber. Then sink all transports heading towards the UK from the USA. Works all the time.

This may not work in SC2 as AI will be smarter. ;)

what about % from main income. so the more % you take the better the chance russia will win war faster. to less of % into sea uk will win and d day comences, how about that thought. and you could adjust the % into sea because if you use less at beggining you get more countries and more of them means more mmps. you could have country joined by having it like research

I like John DiFool the 2nd's idea for a Battle for the Atlantic Campaign.

My thoughts are that victory points for this scenario should be based on on Ships Sunk + Merchant Shipping Losses. This would accurately reflect the German goals in the Battle for the Atlantic.

Will it be possible to dominate the oceans in SC2? Will it be possible to have the United Kingdom surrender without invading the Island itself? Can we "starve" the British into submission?
A few comments. Either side could achieve dominance in the early years, depending on who "wins" the first naval battles and gains the upper hand. Like SC1, naval battles evolve from initial contact to fever pitch and then withdrawal. Then it's off to reinforce or rebuild.

UK still requires invasion and occupation of its capital and alternate capitals before it surrenders. But yes, it could be starved. Comvoy raiders, air losses, and naval losses could all challenge UK's limited MPPs. If losses are greater than what you can afford to reinforce each turn, you will suffer. And if you're not buying new units and investing in research, you'll stagnate and be vulnerable in Egypt and elsewhere.