• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. He showed up, he didnt panic tongue.gif

Im axis and terif is allies.

Rules:

1. No allied DoW to USA allowed. Rome gambit forbidden (i.e. no attack at Rome in the first turn of DoW)

2. Italy, USA and Russia are not allowed to move transports or ships away from their coast before they are at war. Exception: Italy is allowed to move transports and ships from port to port.

3. Axis has to take Cairo as soon as possible after they defeated the defenders.

So the game start - Standard settings (FoW, no undo, soft build limits) and standard rules:

1. No allied DoW to USA allowed. Rome gambit forbidden (i.e. no attack at Rome in the first turn of DoW)

2. Italy, USA and Russia are not allowed to move transports or ships away from their coast before they are at war. Exception: Italy is allowed to move transports and ships from port to port.

3. Axis has to take Cairo as soon as possible after they defeated the defenders.

Condor plays Axis, I am Allies.

And the Poles are yelling: Kamikazeeee !! :D

But here Condor even helps them to kamikaze themselves, unfortunately they have not enough success with it despite the support by Axis. Nevertheless plunder is much lower than it could have been ;) .

Denmark turn 2, Benelux conquered turn 3 by Axis with clear weather.

Yep, perfect weather for Axis - only clear weather in his turns, mud in the french turns :D .

So in November 39 the corps in Front of Paris survives at str 1. But the next turn Germany moves an already weakened army along the coast to kill the french tank that moved out of the city (replaced by a str 10 army from Maginot). And so this army gets killed by 5 shore bombardments and an army attack. The german corps with its str 1 at Paris gets removed too by force.

So now in December 1939 finally the winter comes. Paris still surounded by french units, only Maginot had to be abandoned and 2 german units killed so far smile.gif .

Hmm, in April first the sub in the Atlantic was found - dived 3 out of 4 attacks, but the following turn it went down to the bottom of the sea smile.gif .

France still holds during April and May and even HQ + AF manage to kamikaze themselves :D . Now at June 2, 1940 Paris will finally fall. Only one str 6 army left of the french forces. Kamikaze mission successful.

Sidenote:

Twisted worlds in SC 2...The defender tries to let his units be killed and exposes them wherever possible, while the attacker wants to avoid harming the enemy and tries to protect them instead of the own units :D .

June-August 1940:

Axis concentrates on taking out the bomber on Malta - until now without much success. Meanwhile the italians practice bullet catching near Alexandria ;) .

In July Germany conquers Norway. Allies occupy Bergen, Trondheim + mine. In the meantime also Sweden got some hopes and is now leaning +19% towards Allies - so ore transports to Germany are cancelled. Brest still allied.

August/September:

To lure allied ships away from Brest where they shore bombarded the german attackers, the german Kriegsmarine left the baltic and attacked near Benelux.

But a costly move since the entire Royal Navy just had a meeting with its commander at London...so all 3 german cruisers got sunk immediately. Only the subs escaped since they dived against every single attack...despite only sub tech 1 - they really need to get an award :D .

In Egypt Allies have to retreat to Alexandria after they pursued italians towards Tobruk and killed a corps. Now 2 german tanks, Paratrooper and HQ forced them to retreat.

September - November 1940:

Allies evacuate Egypt. Alexandria lost.

Hunt for the Bismarck:

Just before Bismarck reached the save port, a hit into her steering stoped her 2 hexes away on the open sea. Unfortunately a storm came up in the allied turn, so even after 6 battles Bismarck was still swimming above the sea with 1 strength point. Carrier pilots refuse to fly in such a storm, so Bismarck will most likely escape. German air already operated nearby to support it.

Originally posted by Terif:

Sidenote:

Twisted worlds in SC 2...The defender tries to let his units be killed and exposes them wherever possible, while the attacker wants to avoid harming the enemy and tries to protect them instead of the own units :D .

Yes I mentioned this to Hubert sometime ago but to change it before shipping would have required delaying shippping.

We've come up with a formula that eliminates the issue, I do not want to put words in Hubert's mouth here but I think it has a good chance to be in the first patch, if not. You now know it is nothing new to us smile.gif .

Concerning game:

In September 1940 Axis finally managed to conquer Malta with the help of all 4 axis AFs and parts of the italian fleet.

Meanwhile Allies did some investments into diplomacy - obviously in contrary to Axis. So Sweden is now leaning 19% towards Allies (i.e. no ore transports to Germany) and Spain at 0 % (i.e. Axis minors won´t join).

Now its december 40.

malta fell some turns ago (bomber went to hell too in the process) along with egypt. Now NA is axis.

i concentrate my forces to rescue Norway.

Spain is at 0% and Sweden at 19% so i got no convoys.

Thinkin about Sealion. Allies have lost many units and i hlost oone single italian corps.

Winter 1940/41:

German HQ together with 2 armies and 3 corps approach Bergen and Trondheim - soon it will be time to evacuate, nevertheless this expedition costed a lot of mpps for transporting smile.gif .

Allies only lost some of the free script units in Egypt and even evacuated HQ, tank and corps - heading home to England. On the island also are more than enough defenders already - so just try a Sealion smile.gif .

Lucky hits on Diplomacy for Spain and Sweden.

It could have gone the other way, no hits with all those dineros.

The beauty of the new SC2, you never know.

Me thinks Sweden is bye bye with all those Axis troops in Norway... who knows.

Aggressive Axis approach - so Barbarossa will start already in June 1941 and USA is also not happy any more smile.gif . Iraq now gets convinced by allied diplomats that Axis is the wrong side and swings also 14% towards Allies, so after the coup they are only 66% leaning towards Axis.

German fleet underestimated the will of the swedish defenders and looses a str. 3 sub near Stockholm. Only Bismarck (repaired to 3), Tirpitz (str 5) and a last sub (str 7) left. Italian also not fresh any more and every ship damaged - Vichy forces shoot the only repaired battleship again down to 7 :D .

England now start an invasion in France, liberating Brest. German AF in Bordeaux under attack by UK ground forces.