Post Surrender Partisans Research

Concept: A major power can invest in partisan tech. Each tech level increases the per turn chance for post surrender partisans by 20%(winter).

For example:

If England has partisan Tech of 1 there is a 20% of post surrender English partisans.

If Russia has partisan Tech of 2 there is a 40% of post surrender Russian partisans per turn.

If Russia had partisan Tech of 5 then there is a 100% of a post surrender Russian partisan unit appearing each turn. Now Germany is forced to garrison Russia if Russia surrenders.

For each tech level above 5 there is a 25% chance for an additional partisan unit to appear in that nation. Thus at tech level 6, there is a 100% for one partisan unit to appear and a 25% for a second unit to appear that turn.

I agree, but consider the fact that you can vary the cost of various research options in SC2.

So researching jets might cost 250MPP per chit but researching partisans (ie preparing for the worst cast scenario) might cost only 75MPP per chit. This makes it much more of an option, especially if the Brits or Russian see that they are about to be overrun.

In fact, I would prefer it if you could purchase an advancement in this area as in my view its less about researching partisan tech and more along the lines of investing resources in this area.

PS: If Moscow has fallen and Russia was going to be overrun I might decide to purchase 5 chits in Partisans with the hope of causing the Axis as much anguish as I can after Russia surrenders.

[ April 14, 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]