Hastings' Howards

When you extracted them to your bmp folder, did your machine inform you that "files are about to be overwritten" and ask you to confirm said overwrite? If not, then they're in the wrong place. Are you a mac user? If not, search your bmp folder and see if you've got an extra folder hanging around in there with the appropriate bitmaps in it.

I didn't have any troubles installing it.

Yeah I agree this is one awesome scenario. The graphic modifications are great. Map is well done. One thing though just how much armour is supposed to make it off the beach? After duking it out with the 75mm bunkers at the bottom of the bluffs, I started taking heavy fire from the 88's at the top. After all was said and done I lost all but two tanks. The remaining pair got out of the LOS of the 88's but I then lost one to mines. Most of my infantry has made it to the top. I used a ton of smoke from the 25 pounders to protect my tanks but those 88mm bunkers could still at times sneak a shot through. Now that I'm at top I have more bunkers and anti-tank guns to deal with. I still have alot of life left but I felt I could have done a bit better on the beach. Any tips??

Originally posted by Sgt Shultz:

Yeah I agree this is one awesome scenario. The graphic modifications are great. Map is well done. One thing though just how much armour is supposed to make it off the beach? After duking it out with the 75mm bunkers at the bottom of the bluffs, I started taking heavy fire from the 88's at the top. After all was said and done I lost all but two tanks. The remaining pair got out of the LOS of the 88's but I then lost one to mines. Most of my infantry has made it to the top. I used a ton of smoke from the 25 pounders to protect my tanks but those 88mm bunkers could still at times sneak a shot through. Now that I'm at top I have more bunkers and anti-tank guns to deal with. I still have alot of life left but I felt I could have done a bit better on the beach. Any tips??

I did an left-flank maneuver with my remaining armor (I got into a similar situation as you), eventually getting around behind "fleury battery," and destroying those pesky 88's. The infantry is best to keep in the AT Ditch, as they panic and lose men very fast out in the open. If you don't have much armor left I would recommend moving all available armor over to the command post and clear out the germans there. After that is done, have some infantry sprint over and occupy the german foxholes. DO NOT run out into the open unless you are positive there are no MG's waiting to mow you down. I won the game with 4 tanks, two shermans, an AVRE, and an Croc (it inflicted over 41 infantry casualties!). It is a very fun scenario, definitely worth a try.

Yep. That armor dies on the beach a lot. My suggestion for the best way to get your tanks off the beach? Recovery vehicles! ;) But seriously, if you manage to eek 2 tanks off of the beach, your doing fairly well. Your best bet is to overrun the CP and flank the battery, as Ryan suggested. As for AFV's gettin' smoked on the beach, these things happen... a lot... especially on D-Day.

Havilandt, I'm not really sure why you would be having problems. Maybe the file dropped a few packets during the download. Try grabbing it again and see if it works out for you. I'm certain the file is good and wish you luck.

[ February 14, 2002, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

Originally posted by Bigdog:

Hey Clubfoot I am a Mac guy any tricks to get the Normandy pack to work? I tried MCM3 v1.6 but it just goes to default scenery (ugly) Help Please!

hey Bigdog, me too. but MCM3 1.6 worked for me. hmmm wierd. open up mcm3 again and view the resource files to see if they were installed?