Flamethrower usage

A PBEM buddy who's playing the defender in an assault lit his own buildings up with a Wasp, saying the town was too much ground to cover for the amount of troops he had. I'm sure that was the case, but this tactic also serves to funnel the unwary through prepared firesacks. It was the first time I'd ever seen or heard of lighting up the terrain on purpose...but it immediately made perfect sense.

Flamethrowers are very difficult to use on advances against a human opponent. They are slow and hard to get into position without holding up the whole advance. But they are so cool! Rather than the walking variety, I love the British Wasp. It is very fast, and at least it can not be stopped by small arms fire. But everything else kills it so try to get plenty of suppressive fire to support it. It may not last too long, but it can do damage out of proportion to its cost.

------------------

"Act after having made assessments. The one who first knows the measures of far and near wins - this the rule of armed struggle." Sun Tzu - The Art of War