New Intro Music

Hi, I have uploaded into CM Mod Database (http://www.cmmods.com) a new intro music. The music is quite asiatic with symbols, gongs, drums into a techno music. It gives an upbeat mood when starting up CMBB. (The music makes me want to shout "Urah!" and do a human wave ... :D )

Problem and Question: The file upload is freaking hugh (10mb in AIFF) but in MP3 it is only 1mb. I would like to make available the 1mb MP3 so that you guys can either choose to download it and convert yourself or download the mp3 to decide whether it is worth downloading the 10mb AIFF file.

any suggestions ?

laxx

[ December 08, 2002, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: laxx ]

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

What needs to be done here is add "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gee's for the opening music.

Well....umm....yeh!

That explains the first three letters of your nickname (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Mace

Well if any body is interested i have an mp3 of the Russian Red Army Choir singing the soviet national anthem / and even the Battle Hymn of the Republic (glory, glory !) plus a couple of others !

I was going to use them as an intro music mod but didnt think there would be much call for it.

Lou2000

Laxx, your link didn't work for me.

I would need some help with a similar mod I have made, based on Sibelius' Jääkärimarssi. My problem is, the last few tones get cut.

Technically it should be okay. It's a bit smaller and 13 seconds shorter than the original intro, so it shouldn't be cut because of exceeding some in-code limit. Still it does that. Adding a one-second silence to the end didn't help.

Maybe someone can shed some light? Apart from the end, it is otherwise okay and ready for use.

sergei,

umm..the url worked for me, at work and at home, i wonder what's wrong. It is in .zip file which you need unzip or stuffit expander to unarchive the file.

Again, the MP3 file is *not* the actual format for CMBB intro screen, you will need to convert to AIFF, which I did using (i can't remember was it Quicktime Pro or Roxio Jam or Itunes).

what can i do to help ?

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

What needs to be done here is add "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gee's for the opening music.

Well....umm....yeh!

That explains the first three letters of your nickname (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Mace</font>

Did some testing. That MP3 from Laxx played just fine till the end. Then I tried some random MP3 of mine, which in this case was Hillstreet Blues, but it did the same as Jääkärimarssi, ending abruptly and prematurely. So it seems some songs work, others do not. Has anyone else experienced this?

I need some help needed from you audio guru's

I am trying to create a new into music ... i have converted the mp3 file to wav and managed to get it playing when the game starts .... however it is at the wrong speed ... :confused:

It plays fine when played as a normal wav file outside the game. Is there any particular settings I need to be saving it as, or does it need to be a particular length/size ?

(it is very near the original file size now)

any advice welcome

Lou2000