Upgrading CMBO

Was the main reason for not upgrading CMBO due to convering the battles or was there more to it then that? If that is the main reason... I would pay to have CMBO upgraded to CMBB standards WITHOUT any premade battles attached with it. 99% of the time I play quickbattles anyway and I'm sure people would make scenarios with the new editor.

Just a thought. It should be easier to do then creating a new engine and it would keep us busy for a LONG time (with the new cmbo and cmbb) while BTS worked on said engine.

rvalle

Guest Panzer Boxb

My understanding is that it won't be done for several reason. The first would be that any effort would take away from work on the engine rewrite. Also, many of the changes (e.g.: artillery handling) were done with the East Front in mind. While I would dearly love to see CMBO retrofitted I seriously doubt it will happen.

Originally posted by Panzer Boxb:

My understanding is that it won't be done for several reason. The first would be that any effort would take away from work on the engine rewrite. Also, many of the changes (e.g.: artillery handling) were done with the East Front in mind. While I would dearly love to see CMBO retrofitted I seriously doubt it will happen.

It does not seem like any of the Art orders would be exclusive to the East Front. I thought most everyone did prep barrages. Thanks for the reply though.

KwazyDog... thanks for the quick reply. Nothing like getting your hopes dashed in 7 min flat. smile.gif