Test ref Normandy trip pics

HI Juju

Originally posted by Juju:

They work just fine for me, Gary. Nice pics. smile.gif

Thanks for quick response.

For info of any other intrepid souls the pics are all from Brit/Canadian zones (as I had insufficent time sadly to visit any US sites)

As you will see my photo skills are not the best either

Cheers

Gary,

Well done....Your efforts to bring your exciting trip a bit closer to us all was well worth it, at least it was to me. Please don't apoligize for not visiting any American sites. The effort you made to visit your counrtymen says volumes about you.

We all should pay our respects. God bless you and yours.

Cheers, Kurt

Thanks for the pictures Gary. My great uncle, Gilbert Scarr, fought in Normandy with the Royal Regiment of Canada and was killed Aug. 14, 1944 outside of Caen in the hamlet of Eterville. Someday I hope to get to Beny-Sur-Mer to see his grave.

I've also, as a reporter, had the honour of interviewing and getting to know a hometown veteran in Alliston, Ontario by the name of John Taylor who was at Juno Beach and injured fighting in the Falaise Gap. He still bears the scars from a "damned" 88. Love his licence plate -- although he can't drive anymore -- CAEN 44.

Jason

Hi Kurt (Warhammer)

Originally posted by WARHAMMER:

Please don't apoligize for not visiting any American sites. The effort you made to visit your counrtymen says volumes about you.

Whilst I primarily wanted to visit the Commonwealth zones I would really have loved to have seen at least some of the US area of OPs and associated Cemetaries and Museums etc but it was not to be :(

I missed out or skimmed over quickly much of the Brit/Can area too in particular not visiting Villers Bocage or the Chambois/Trun areas.

Maybe next time smile.gif

Glad you enjoyed the pics

HI Jason

Originally posted by Axe2121:

My great uncle, Gilbert Scarr, fought in Normandy with the Royal Regiment of Canada and was killed Aug. 14, 1944 outside of Caen in the hamlet of Eterville. Someday I hope to get to Beny-Sur-Mer to see his grave.

All I can say is that his along with all the other graves are in good hands as the standard of care and maintenance at each Cemetary I visited is obvious.

At each Cemetary there is a Visitors book with some very poignant entries from relatives some of which deeply moved me and which in the end I found to private to read........

Cheers