What Ladder Is Everyone Playing?

Then I guess it all comes down to a matter of personal choice, doesn't it? I have only been playing CM about six months, although I have played just about every wargame from "Gettysburgh" to "East Front II". Regardless of whether or not the battle is "balanced" or whether or not the other guy is "gamey" (whatever that is).

I play, and I think most others can say the same, because I enjoy the game. I played the AI exlusively for a few months, and then got my son into it. We played TCP games, and he consistantly beat me, (I taught him everything).

It took me awhile to actually get into a game with another person, and since then, thats all I do. I belong to a couple of ladders, and all of those game experiences have been fun and positive. I have aquired many opponents through this forum alone, and only once through the Opponent Finder Thread.

Some folks like to see ratings and scores and the like and that's OK. I just enjoy playing, whether I win or get my ass handed to me (which is more often the case), I just love the game, and any vehicle through which I can meet and play new opponents is fine with me.

Thanks Bruno

Ah yes, Bruno. I still fondly remember the pain I inflicted upon your German troops: my Wasps spraying you with flames, your gun getting caught crossing the road as I rolled up your flank, and that final manuever in which I managed to nab your Panther from behind with my Daimler before he got shot by your Stug.

Let me know if you're interested in seeing more of that kind of carnage. Now's the time to seek revenge, as I feel like a total newbie again.

Luck! Pure luck Deadmarsh. The terrain heavily favored the Brits and I'll admit, you did manage to make surprisingly good advantage of it. Your charge out into the open of the halftrack resulted in your crew peeing their pants and hightailing it rather than face their Panther foe, not to mention the wasp that got it in the arse while turn tailed, and your Stewart is still burning after a up close and personal from my Stug. And all that dead infantry I seen over there. But for one lucky shot...

Sure ya big sod, I'll be glad to learn ya on CMBB.

Let's take it off of here, I'll write ya.

[ November 16, 2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]