Mines - how can you tell they're gone?

I'm playing the Valley of Trouble scenario, and I've had an engineer squad within 17 meters of the minefield for a few turns now, but the minefield sign is still on the road. There manual says that if they're within 25 meters, the mines will be automatically cleared. Is there a way to tell that the mines are gone? I've also had the squad firing at the enemy, so could this be the problem?

Thanks!

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juju:

LOL, God, that was funny Neutral! smile.gif

you're not British by any chance, are you?

Anyway BeWary, I also noticed a small explosion when the mines are actually cleared. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

remember our parents were dieing in the war while you're parents (yanks) were still partying.

i am British and proud of it!

remember together we stand, divided we fall.

Juju said " Anyway BeWary, I also noticed a small explosion when the mines are actually cleared. "

Umm, that explosion occurs when one of your men steps on a mine.. Sounds to me like you come from the Russian school of mineclearing.

"Comrade, how many men were killed or wounded today?"

" 2567 tovarisch."

"Good, I'll radio high command that we cleared 2567 mines today... We'll be getting reinforcements tomorrow.. Excellent work."

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlfieE:

God bless the King!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's Elvis got to do with mine clearing? confused.gif

wink.gif

Michael