Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

MG42 Sounds in Mad Dog's Mod

I just got this game, downloaded the MDMPs and absolutely love them.

However, one question -- isn't the HMG42 sound a little slow in the MDMP? I've fired one that was rechambered and reworked up here, and although it makes the noise in MDMP (and in Saving Private Ryan) the owner acknowledged the gun does not fire as fast as it would have in 1942-1945 -- from the old documentaries there is more of a distinctive zipper or "ripping" noise. But I don't know for sure. . .hence the post.

yea, MDMP is great isn't it?

I too expected the MG42 sound to be more of a RRIIIPPP-ing noise. But i've never actually HEARD a MG42 in RL so I can't nitpick. Accounts i've read liken it to a gargantuan sheet ripping in half.

By all accounts the CMBB sounds are a big improvement and will knock your socks off. Perhaps this means the MG42 sound got reworked as well. Who knows...

Ren

A postscript -- I went back on the CD and found the "original" MG42 sounds that shipped with the game -- they sound a lot like what I imagined they would. (They are the 440 series on the WAV files on your CD). I guess you can have it either way. . . so I just stuck the old MG42 sounds back on top of the MDMP.

I have an MG-42 mod I created by modifying the original BTS sounds. I increased the volume and bass and by accident came up with something that is a bit more terrifying and impressive to listen too. Has that ripping sound. Let me know if there is any interest and I will email you a copy.

Keith