Experience bonus doesn't work

Hi there, I've had CMBO for quite some time and I just noticed that giving the computer an experience bonus doesn't have any effect. I am currently playing the scenario "All or Nothing", I gave the computer +3 but I'm facing regular German units. I tried again giving it only +1 this time and same result, regulars. Incidentally, it also doesn't work for Operations, but I am able to give the points bonus in both scenarios and operations, even though, according to the manual, you cannot give point bonuses in operations. Any suggestions about what's wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply Soddball, and sorry for my slow response, internet hasn't been working. You might be right about this, but I can't say that I can see any appreciable difference in the ability of the troops. It is hard to tell since the AI plays a pretty lousy game anyway, but my vets and regulars don't seem to have a problem taking on these supposed Elite troops. I'm still playing this scenario and another problem has crept in which I'm about to post about...