Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

starshells, flares, did they make it?

Arghhh, wasn't thinking about engine limitations. It's not my role, as an enduser, I am supposed to beg and whine mostly smile.gif

I wonder how the logic proceeds for spotting now. I remember that thats been the line for a while on this (rewrite as neccesary) as can see how it could just not work well under current structure (speculation).

But damn it would sure add a lot to night time games (fondly remembering the 3rd or 4th scenario from SL, "escape from V#lky### (someplace I can't spell)". Imagine defensive scenarios with trip wire activated flares :eek:

Yeah, I have to admit this is one of them things I'd a really like to have seen make it into CMBB. Starshells and flares would have been the crem-de-la-crem. I haven't done much whining or wish listing, but this one would have been at the top of my list. Maybe when CM Goes To Korea.

[ July 18, 2002, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Originally posted by JonS:

Velikye Luki?

That was it.

Looking at my post it could be taken to mean that trip wire activated flares were in Velikye Luki. Two seperate thoughts.

But yeah, it was one of the few scenarios I could talk my brother into playing as it wasn't a multiday ordeal smile.gif

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Maybe when CM Goes To Korea.

Drools...

I wonder how far we can tweak sewer movement. seems we could use it to represent tunnels to some extant.

NDA??? I am hoping scenario designers can use "sewer movement" in rural settings. Maybe even have multiple entry and exits for seperate lines...

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Since this would require dynamic lighting and a major engine rewrite I think it is highly unprobable to see in CMBB.

Gotta wait 'till CMII.

hmmm... I would be glad already if only the local LOS distance would increase for a certain while during night once a flare is "fired". Don't need the "light" effects.

Right Ozzy,

Nightfighting was often used by both sides.

I'm currently reading through the Gallop-, Star- Operations and Manstein's Counteroffensive early 1943 and there nightfighting was quite common.

Or what time would you prefer for an infantry-attack over an open featureless steppe which streches endless before your eyes without any cover ?

Greets

Daniel

Originally posted by TSword:

Right Ozzy,

Nightfighting was often used by both sides.

I'm currently reading through the Gallop-, Star- Operations and Manstein's Counteroffensive early 1943 and there nightfighting was quite common.

Or what time would you prefer for an infantry-attack over an open featureless steppe which streches endless before your eyes without any cover ?

Greets

Daniel

...or imagine river crossings :eek: