Panzer Aces: tailor-made for CMBB

Originally posted by Tha_Field_Marshall:

I can't recall the title but the book written by

(or about Hans Von Lucke, sp?) would be a good one to create some scenarios from. I'll try to dig it out and re-read. Thoughts?

Panzer Commander! True officer and gentleman of German army. Mainly recon comppany commander? Could be intresting.

There is a small, probably home based, company that puts out tactical battles from the Eastern Front in booklet form. They were originally printed for miniatures.

Sorry but I cannot recall the name of the booklets or the company. I discovered them over the summer at my favorite war game store. I decided to postpone my purchase until BB came out. I emailed the author the same day however and asked several questions to which he replied.

I think he reads this forum and at the time owned a copy of CMBB because we discussed it briefly.

Now is the time sir, to speak up. Players are asking for your product.

I believe I changed my email service since communicating with him so I can't check my sent emails for more information. Sorry.

Maybe I will stop at the store in the next few days. If so, I will put the info on the forum.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, feel free to jump in.......

Toad

I'm in the middle of Panzer Aces now, and can't really read more than few tens of pages at a time (an enjoyable book I might read in one go, given the time). The writing style -- perhaps because of translation -- is poor, even if there are occasional image-evoking paragraphs here and there.

The book is really too short for covering so much ground, several wartime careers, and consequently it's just highlight after highlight. It seems that s.Pz.Abt 5-0-something was keeping up the northern front single-handedly, and every turret ring hit knocked the T-34 turret flying in the air :rolleyes:

Not that this would be the first time I don't like popular books :D