City movement: newbie questions

Inexperinced in city fighting. Things I don't get/understand:

When can you and when can you not move from one building to the next when the buildings are "connected" in a city scenario, without having to actually "go outside?"

Why can you put troops in a single building and they can fire no problem, but in a city, they can't fire from one building in to the next?

Why can you enter a single building through any wall, no door required, but in a city fight all the sudden there has to be a door on that wall?

My beliefs, right or worng: You can't fire from one building to the next when they are connected because it considers this two walls side by side, hence, to thick. Yes, no? Also, the only way to pass from building to buidling without going outside is if BOTH buildings have a door represented on that common wall, yes or no? You need a door to enter a city building because BTS said so. Yes, no?

hi

1. You can't. If you imagine a string of terraced houses, the have walls built between them. So to be able to get from house to house without going outside, you'd have to blow a hole in the wall, which isnt modelled.

2. Same as before, there is a wall between the buildings so your troops cannot see or fire into the next building.

3. the door thing...i didnt think that a door in the building made a difference, after all its only a graphic. I'm sure you can enter any building through any wall that it exposed, i.e. any wall that isnt touching another wall.

i believe that the wall issues will be changed in CMBB, but only for factories, houses will still be the same