Wasp FT range, two numbers?

This has probably been answered in the past, but I did a search on weapon ranges and found nothing. I also couldn't find the answer in the manual, so I'll ask here.

I bought my first few Wasps in a current PBEM game. I am trying to use them to flush some infantry that have held up in some buildings. When I look at the weapon range for the FT, it says 75m (50). What exactly does this mean, a max range of 75 but an effective range of 50? I read in the manual where it said flame weapons may use more than one shot at long range. Does the 50 mean that anything over 50 will cost two ammo points rather than one? If anyone would alleviate my confusion, I'd appreciate it. Also, if it's in the dern manual, can you point me to a page reference? Thanks...

Well, someone in-the-know will be along soon enough to correct me, but...

I'm pretty sure the (50) refers to the "ammo" or number of "shots" the FT has. One burst usually equals one "shot", though if I remember correctly at long ranges (close to the 75m) it can use two "shots" for each burst.

Jeff

Yea xerxes, I remembered reading that right after sending a turn out. Hopefully they will survive this turn without a casualty so I get a chance to button them. To lose one early would sure bite. Of course, technically speaking, how does an open topped carrier button? I assume the men just duck under the metal plating?