Hull Down - Question and Suggestion

I am still "evaluating" the CMBB demo!

Using the new Hull Down order a question crossed my mind: what is the hull-down status measured against for the seek hull down order?

a) terrain level or

B) average height of enemy tanks turret/gun

I suppose that in flat terrain this distinction will become important!

And the suggestion: if the tank is already in LOS or hull-down to the selected point then, by all means, CANCEL the order upon execution or refuse to accept it from the beginning! I was shocked as my tanks started advancing towards the horizon in enemy territory after I misjudged their initial hull-down status!

Regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Firefly:

Well the LOS tool will tell you if yor tank is already hull down.

Ahh, you are right!

I was so convinced that the Hull Down label would appear at the location of the CURSOR that I did not even notice the label at the center of the tank from which the LOS line emerged!

So NOW ;) I suggest to move the Hull Down label to the other labels beneath the cursor (distance, terrain type, etc.)

Regards,

Thomm

[Edited because I can't read...]

Might I ask, since some here have obviously used the command, am I correct in my reading of the Readme in that you place the hulldown waypoint on the location that you wish to be hulldown to?

[ September 04, 2002, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

Originally posted by Cameroon:

Might I ask, since some here have obviously used the command, am I correct in my reading of the Readme in that you place the hulldown waypoint on the location that you wish to be hulldown to?

Yes, exactly! It is a very nice command and it is fascinating to see it work!

Regards,

Thomm