BUG in automatic unit purchase?

In a recent QB (yes, I was generating my Aux force for my campaign smile.gif ) the computer bought me what appears to be a "Aufklärungs Battalion '41A". But it had no inf guns or AT guns, just the last company HQ, 2 platoon HQ's and a LMG. Bug or feature?

Since it were Thick Fog, I kinda understand why they didn't bring the guns, but I thought it wasn't possible to delete part of a unit.

And no, I had no casualties in the setup.

Savegame (yes!) available to thee of little faith:

http://w1.211.telia.com/~u21117402/Missing_Guns.zip

I looked at the save game but something doesn't add up. If it truly is a Aufklärungs Battalion '41A thats over 700 points. Add in the Platoon of 38T's and you up at almost 1000 points. But in your force pool you also have two more vehicles (a IIIG and a 221) plus a 75mm FO and that would put you well over 1000 points.

The thing is you do have a Battalion HQ which would seem to indicate that in fact a Battalin was purchased. Okay I am out of ideas, I will pass this on to Steve and Charles as it sure *looks* like the autopurchaser traded in your AT guns for armor which I didnt think it would do but God only knows what Charles has added and not told anyone about!

Madmatt

Once I started QB for 300 pts. everything random, computer pick and I got nothing (0).

OK. I pressed GO and I lost

(This is not a joke)

Maybe not, but it's still very funny. :D:D:D

Perhaps that was the computer's way of telling you it's just not your day?

Yeah, the autopurchaser not buying troops was a bug in v1.0. It actually might still be in 1.01 but even rarer. What is happening is its trying to buy a force which isnt available but it thinks is. Usually it requires a very specific set of parameters to get this to occur and is VERY rare but I think in 1.02 we will finally root it out completely once and for all.

Madmatt