Cry Babies at Freedom Games!

When I tried GI Combat a while back I didn't like it. After a negative review came out by Bill Trotter (PC Gamer) I commented that I thought the review was "right on" at their website. Within minutes my post was deleted from the board! I have heard all over the internet about Freedom Games deleting or hiding all negative post's on their site, but I didn't belive it until now.

"Freedom Games"?.....they need to change their name!

They're getting a blackeye over this, that's for sure. It's well known.

But, from Freedom Games perspective, it makes sense. Their game is getting murdered in reviews, and no hardcore wargamer, or grog, will go near GI Combat.

Therefore, it makes sense to keep the existing sheep, er...users ( :D ) happy, they won't know or care what they're missing, and it keeps the forum happier.

Interestingly, the attitude put on in their forum actually dissuades people from buying any follow-up from them, IMO. I mean, it's not like GI Combat is a bad concept, and not as if a sequel couldn't improve on every poorly executed feature to make a great game for the sequel. But they're PO'ing a lot of future buyers this way.

[ December 23, 2002, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Terrapin ]