CMBB Introduces new disappearing tricks for all Troops!

Its quite simple really. Take your full strength, 10 man german squad, with a full strength platoon HQ, and go in front of a T34. The T34 will then load a canister shot, and suddenly, all your troops are gone and you are left listening to over 10 death sounds at once!!! :eek:

Or, if you are the russians, let the germans get really close, like under 50m's, and then run out into the open. One half strength squad will draw a bead on you, and, gasp!, all your troops are now gone! :eek:

I was very surprised to see how easy it is to have your entire squad taken out in seconds now under the right (not for you!) condiditons. CMBO, it took a whole lot of something to even take out 5 men at once. Now, it is not uncommon to see a full strength squad disappear with one 'shot'. I love it. Teaches you not to run in the open anymore! And, I LOVE assaulting broken troops and watching my men gun them down as the run!

Chad

When I first heard CMBB was going to have canister shot (C for short) I couldn't imagine how they were going to animate it. The first time I saw that shotgun spray of pellets coming at my men it made me jump! Yikes! Thumbs up on the canister!

Have any old CMBO players been confused by canister yet? In CMBO "C" stood for Chemical, A.K.A. HEAT. In CMBB "C" stands for Canister and I believe "HC" is now the HEAT round. I saw one player get himelf into big trouble attacking a heavy tank thinking he had a full load of "C" HEAT rounds to use, only to find he just has canister shot! Ouch!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Have any old CMBO players been confused by canister yet? In CMBO "C" stood for Chemical, A.K.A. HEAT. In CMBB "C" stands for Canister and I believe "HC" is now the HEAT round. I saw one player get himelf into big trouble attacking a heavy tank thinking he had a full load of "C" HEAT rounds to use, only to find he just has canister shot! Ouch!

At first I was, but then when I saw that the 'C' round looked like a shotgun, I think I figured it out smile.gif

[spoiler? Probably not but...]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

[snip]

Every time I look at a tank and see C I think that. Especially the KV-1S loadout where I really want something better than its piddly AP round to fire at the panzers.