CDRW question?

I have a two part question that's somewhat CMBB related. I've got a cd burner on my computer & I've got quite a number of mods ( in zip file form ) stored on my hard drive as backups. What I like to know is a) Do I have to format a blank cd as I would have to do to a floppy disk? B) The blank cd's that I saw came in a package of 10 marked 700 MB ( they were Maxell ): is this 700 MB total capacity for all 10 discs or is it 700 MB capacity for 1 disc?

I would appreciate some help with this one as I want to free up some hard drive space. Even in zip file form the mod files take up a considerable amount of space.

Thanks.

Three additional notes:

1. There are 'normal' CDRWs and "High Speed" CDRWs. The latter (e.g. the 4x-10x TDKs) will NOT be writable in a non-"High Speed" CDRW drive. "High Speed" should be part of the logo on the drive if it's supported.

2. There are 74-minute CDRWs and 80-minute CDRWs. If you can get 'em for not that much more, the 80-minute ones should work in just about any CDRW drive, AFAIK (well, aside from the "High Speed" issue).

3. CD-Rs are usually a lot cheaper than CDRWs, and usually can be written faster -- e.g. my PlexWriter will write them at 40x, while CDRWs will be written at a max of 12x (more realistically, 10x as that's the fastest media I have...) Oh, and they're a bit more compatible with other drives than CD-RW media.

[ November 28, 2002, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Mud ]

If you are using Nero Burning Rom for your burning make sure you install the InCD program so that you can easily burn to and access your CDRW's with great ease, infact it will allow you to treat the entire CD like a big 700 MB floppy disk! I found it great for moving off Mods and patches for various games i have, i was esily able to chop and change to the latest patches and create new folders etc.. with real ease.