Disbandment in the larger ops?

I've just finished playing Carentan V2. (superb by the way!). I completed the 9 battles and was awarded an allied tactical victory for my effort. In total both sides had over a thousand casualties.. Pretty awesome stuff. Something struck me part way through the op, and has done before with larger scenarios/ops, and I'm wondering if this has been 'addressed' in the past?

I won't give too much away for the people that have yet to partake, but after about battle 5 you start to end up with a LOT of depleted platoons. (In my case anyway). They aren't much good for anything IMHO because you're down to three or four guys, without perhaps an associated HQ unit, who aren't really good for much more than slowing the machine down - (recon perhaps? gamey... etc). Basically you own a mish mash of platoons. I tend to keep these guys back and use the fresh guys up front, which in turn generates more wasteage, for want of a better term. Now I think it would be good and more realistic if you could perhaps disband the platoons in question via some sort of switch before the battle commences? At map level, I like to organise my companies and actually see what I've got. At this point it would be great to have the choice to ditch those four platoons with five men a piece.. The following battle (in an op)could see the platoon/company regrouped. Agree/Disagree? I wonder how hard this would be to implement?

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: phil stanbridge ]

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: phil stanbridge ]</p>