Upgrade to Windows ME worth it?

I purchased a Dell PIII933 with Win98 SE a few months ago. Today I received my free upgrade to ME along with what appear to be all the necessary drivers. Is it worth the upgrade or should I leave my system alone? The only problem I experience with my computer is that it often fails to shut down properly, which I have read is a known problem with Win98. I'd like to fix or do somefink.

The system I purchased came with ME, and I have found it to be more buggy than my 98SE system. This may just be me, but I believe there are issues with ME, and the benefits of ME over 98SE just aren't there in my opinion.

My two cents.

I am an old w98 user, now I've W Me. In my opinion the So is the same -one can be more or less lucky with one of the two, but another one not.. -, the differences are:

1- More system protection in W Me

2- Best for network, W Me

3- W me is not free...

The performance are the SAME

Marco

Thanks Marco. ME was free for me because it was included as a free upgrade when I bought my computer. Dell just released the upgrade to it clients now because they had to make sure their systems were compatible and to compile all the necessary drivers.

What I am hoping to accomplish, if I do upgrade, is to eliminate the shut down problem and to take advantage of the faster startup time ME supposedly has. Do you find that your system starts up faster now?

Pvt. Ryan - My ME system starts MUCH faster than my 98SE system. I have shutdown issues with ME that I did not have with 98SE though.

Try installing ME and see what happens. What is the worst thing that can happen? [Complete format and re-install - wink.gif]

I've also beenn very impressed with the System Restore feature of ME. I've used it several times to turn back the clock and resolve problems (most of my own doing). Today, I was installing a some new memory and decided to shuffle my sound card and NIC to make everything fit the best. (A bad idea.) Anyway, I got lazy and tried to do everything at once and ended up with a big mess -- no NIC, no sound card and windows asking me for a bunch of drivers. So, I wondered if I could solve everything by putting the NIC and sound card back in their original slots and then running System Restore -- would everything go back to normal? Worked like a charm. I'm now a big fan of ME.

• 2 weeks later...