tanks leaving battlefield

Originally posted by Bodious:

I played CMBO for a year and never had this happen (or maybe I never noticed. . .yikes!). I guess I was lucky or I wasn't paying attention, and I'll thank you to keep your speculations as to which to yourselves, thank you redface.gif

Er, you have noticed that in CMBB, as opposed to CMBO, tanks now model 'morale'? I've had several tanks in CMBB that became broken or routed and immediately withdrew from the board.

I have also seen tanks even in CMBO that were taking heavy fire retreat off a map edge if they were very close, or retreat on purpose if they had gun damage.

Originally posted by Bodious:

Infantry also retreat from the board? I presume the answer is yes?

Oh, yes. Although this is much more likely if infantry is close to the edge. If they're not, they tend to run back towards their own lines, and then hide.

If they come under constant fire, or you actively pursue them, they will retreat right off the map.

Both tanks and infantry seem to prefer to withdrawing from all contact without necessarily leaving the map, but if the edge is close by, or if you keep poking them with the sharp end of the stick, they will retreat off the map.

This was less likely for AFVs in CMBO, but it still sometimes occured.

And if they leave, they don't come back.

I see alot of weierd things in the past week...JSII (regulars) and ISU`s searched imedialy for cover if a KTiger or Ferdinand pops up over 1000 meters away. So, its hard to get control of your troops. Dont know what happends, if i play without extreme fow...maybe the crews will leave the tanks in the setup phase... ;)