Do bagged prisoners give your position(s) away to the enemy?

I have captured personnel all over the map (mostly in my strategic map sectors) from my steam rolling troopers. Most of the enemy has pulled out in these sectors ages ago. But seeing so many captured enemy troops (most are MG troops) near my sneaking/moving forces -- the prisoners and my immediate forces around them have LOS to one another – I wondered if they relay troop movements to my enemy via the mere fact that these prisoners have LOS to my sneaking troops?

Originally posted by WineCape:

I have captured personnel all over the map (mostly in my strategic map sectors) from my steam rolling troopers. Most of the enemy has pulled out in these sectors ages ago. But seeing so many captured enemy troops (most are MG troops) near my sneaking/moving forces -- the prisoners and my immediate forces around them have LOS to one another – I wondered if they relay troop movements to my enemy via the mere fact that these prisoners have LOS to my sneaking troops?

On several occasions I've watched my own captured troops suddenly 'disappear'.

I've captured many troops, and never gotten a sniff of a thought of where their fellows were.

As far as I can discern, 'captured' troops cannot convey any info at all once they're captured. They drop off the 'sighting' board completely.

Hmm, I have couple questions, why is it that mostly MG-troops that are captured. They often surrender even when not surrounded, while others don't. if this is because they can't get away then it need's fixing since a crack crew were in open field and my tank pusued it, nowhere where to flee, lol it flet kinda stupid, and ai's global moral were very low.

:confused: :cool:

Second one is about spotting, how cmbo hadels this? It felt stupid when last night my regular inf squad spotted "Crack" PantherG, on the other edge of map, well fine it's regular squad that can identify panther, but how in hell can yuo say it's battle seasoned veteran, sure yuo could notice those men on woods, must be greens vets would be more careful.

Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

Hmm, I have couple questions, why is it that mostly MG-troops that are captured. They often surrender even when not surrounded, while others don't. if this is because they can't get away then it need's fixing since a crack crew were in open field and my tank pusued it, nowhere where to flee, lol it flet kinda stupid, and ai's global moral were very low.

:confused: :cool:

Second one is about spotting, how cmbo hadels this? It felt stupid when last night my regular inf squad spotted "Crack" PantherG, on the other edge of map, well fine it's regular squad that can identify panther, but how in hell can yuo say it's battle seasoned veteran, sure yuo could notice those men on woods, must be greens vets would be more careful.

Since your 'questions' are rather oddly expressed, I imagine it will be difficult for most to give you a straight forward answer. When English is not your first language, the more simply and clearly you state your questions, the easier it will be for others or BTS to answer your concerns.

Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

Simple solution: play in dawn/dusk: the reduced visibility makes spotting much more difficult. You won't completely ID'd troops until you're quite close (less than 300m?). Of course, "night" is even better for that. Fog (maybe snow too?) reduces sound contacts. Its odd to be able to ID a unit as being a Green M4 Sherman vs. it being a Crack Sherman Jumbo at 1000m+.

[ June 15, 2002, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]