Son (small spoiler)...? for Wild Bill

Hello Wild Bill,

I played "Son" the other night as the Amis. Fun scenario, at least for my opponent frown.gif

My question is, how did you determine the OOB for the allies? The reason I ask is, given the importance of the Son bridge to Market Garden, I was surprised to see no units of XXX corp aiding in it's defense.

Just curious smile.gif

------------------

Charlie don't surf!

Found it in US Army in WW2, "The Siegried Line." It mentions General Taylor coming to the aid of some of his men with two antitank guns he rounded up from the Divisional HQ.

I'll look up the pages...Okay, page 153. Other sections on this fighting, 146-148, 150, 174.

Some of XZX Corps hung around the area and was on call to aid the 101st in case of armored counterattacks. Makes some good reading!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

The allied OOB is correct from what I've read. The British had reached the bridge but there was not any armor or British infantry around at the time of the attack. However, a British truck loaded with ammo was shot up and ignited while trying to cross the bridge.

The US glider troops had to defend with bazookas and a 57mm AT gun. They were aided by the fact that only a few of the Panthers from Panzer brigade 107 could attack at one time due to the limited access to the bridge. Also, darkness had set in after a while and aided in the confusion of the battle for the Germans.