They Don't Like It Up 'Em!

I got one of my Brit Rifle Squads in a bit of a predicament last night, advancing to contact they got hit on by a German HMG Team on a hill overlooking the valley they was crossing. I lost half the squad and tried to get the rest to withdraw to the safety of some woods behind them, but they wouldn't, or couldn't! So I thought, to hell with this, and set them to run up the hill straight at the German HMG Team in their foxhole. Imagine my suprise when the Germans broke, and left the cover of their foxhole and hightailed it off to the rear, leaving it conveniently for my winded, but grateful tommies :D I'm a newbie, but I thought this little action was worth reporting as I was quite chuffed with my Brit Infantry, being an ex infantry man myself, oh and I just LOVE this game, only had it for 2 days, but it's been keeping me in front of my computer for hours on end smile.gif

[ June 23, 2002, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: athkatla ]

Welcome athkatla ,

... and the best thing is - these game is full of

those "special" moments. In my last game against a honourable opponent one of my Wasps grilled in a city first one ( damaged ) Jagdtiger and one

turn later a Hetzer. Tough little Wasp.

Also watch in amazement when engineers close attack an enemy tank ...

Welcome athkatla

I hope you're not married, because all those hours spent on this addicting game will be the main subject of discussion during your divorce mediation.

Oh, and during the week? I see you're unemployed. That's good. A job is a pesky problem which serves only to interfere with playing time.

Have fun! :D

I've been married 31 years this year, so I don't think I have any problems with an impending divorce smile.gif Being unemployed certainly allows me to play games as long as I want, and most evenings that means till 2 to 3am in the morning :D

Hmmm let me think. Unemployed and you got a CM game and been married 31 years ( been married 35 years myself ) so she should be pretty much leaving you alone. Darn that's a hell of a combination you got there guy. Some people are just lucky I guess. ;) Anyway, yeah this game is fantastic isn't it? I found out some time ago that rushing a machine gunner can bring some nice results but it goes the other way alot more times I find. But when it works it's pure delight. Have fun and bye the way if and when you are really to play Pbem let me know if you'd like. I have been playing over 1 1/2 years now but only 3 Pbem's under my belt inwhich I got the stuffing knocked out of me all 3 times. So you can see pretty much suck. Hell the AI beats me half the time but I've been thinking I'd try Phem again. I'm very limited in the time I have but could do a game a night. Anyway, if intereted email me if and when. Take care and enjoy.