FO may not be passenger?

I read on the new features list that FO (except with radios) may not be passenger on a vehicle.

Does this means that FO can't ride in a vehicle or an FO with radio can call in strikes without disembarking from vehicle. Hope someone can clarify.

One more thing why does FO speed fall to slow category now, I remember they are fast in CMBO.

Wire phones. There's the reason, cheaper (cheaper in unit selection) FO's are using wire phones. You can't pull wires in the forest while running or riding a vehible.

Radio using FO's can't order fire from vehicles, if my memory serves me right. Reason for this unknown to me, maybe the infamous reason "game engine can't handle this"?

I just welcome the cheaper FO's. Seems that there will be also several sizes of same artillery piece (like 2, 4, 8 etc. tubes). Nice! :D

/kuma

Yeah, I had the same problem last night. I went to have my 50mm shoot at a target that was out of sight, but in the HQ'a line of sight. Next turn - no rounds fall! So I finally figure it out - the HQ was hidden, so the 50mm wouldn't fire.

Later, I hid the same 50mm (Russkies closing in) and after I hid him, the "Target" command was no longer on the list.

[Edited:]

It's new. In CMBO, all a units possible options came up whenever you selected it, but it seems now, only a units CURRENTLY possible options come up when you select it. Am I right?

[ September 03, 2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]