Two sundry sound questions

1) I seem to be hearing an awful lot of Germans constantly yelling something like 'Untenbleim' (apologies for the no doubt horrendous spelling ;) ). Can anyone advise me what it means.

2) When the 20mm guns on light tanks such as Toldis, T-60s etc. are fired I hear an autocannon sound effect as though a burst of shells are being fired.

Is this correct, or have BFC put a single sound effect in for all 20mm guns which is misleading me to think that they are firing bursts, when they are in actuality only firng a single shell.

Exciting questions eh?

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

1) I seem to be hearing an awful lot of Germans constantly yelling something like 'Untenbleim' (apologies for the no doubt horrendous spelling ;) ). Can anyone advise me what it means.

Hehe...not too bad, Rex_Bellator. In fact they're shouting "Unten bleiben!" which means "Keep your heads down!" or "Stay covered!".

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

2) When the 20mm guns on light tanks such as Toldis, T-60s etc. are fired I hear an autocannon sound effect as though a burst of shells are being fired.

Is this correct, or have BFC put a single sound effect in for all 20mm guns which is misleading me to think that they are firing bursts, when they are in actuality only firng a single shell.

Exciting questions eh?

The 20mm German KwK30 and KwK38 were derivatives of the Flak30 and Flak38 AA guns. They had auto fire capacilities so bursts are not out of the question. With regards to the 20mm on the T60 this link

http://www.battlefield.ru/armaments/tnsh.html

indicates burst firing as possible. I think the sound you hear represents precisely what's going on. No generic sound effects were harmed in the production of this game smile.gif

I think an amno point of 20 mm represents a burst of 3 shots in CMBO, and two in CMBB

There are two ways to check it :

the hit probability is 2 times higher for a 20 mm gun than its equivalent (experience, muzzle speed) with bigger gun

the blast value of german 20 mm is 4, for 37mm it's 3. Actually it's 4 for 2x20mm shells, 3 for 1x37 mm shell. Otherwise the 20 mm round would have more firepower than the 37mm...

[ November 18, 2002, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Sigurd ]

There's no mention of Sundry Sounds in the patch list? Is this an avoersight? Are we to have assorted sundry sound problems even after the patch??

this isn't acceptable - BTS please fix or do sumfink!!

;)