Nvidia Detonator 40.71

Originally posted by Mr. Die Easy:

Hi everybody,

Please note that Anisotropic filtering is not the same as the mipmap quality (= LOD bias setting) illustrated by Murpes. Anisotropic filtering deals with the sparkling effect in CM graphics.

Best regards

Mr. Die Easy

heh. And finally, with the new Detonator driver, is this screenshot, which is 4X AA, hi mipmap detail, and 8X anisotropic. Thanks, Die, I didn't realize I needed the new drivers for this.

You don't need 40.xx drivers to get anisotropic filtering. The 30.xx (and indeed 2x.xx I think) series are capable of it, it's just that it's a bit more difficult to turn it on than with 40.xx (need third-party tweak utility, rather than NVIDIA control panel).

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Is that me or are the differences between all pics (normal, FSAA, AF) not so marked ?

I understand AF is more visible with moving images rather than shots, but FSAA ?

FSAA isn't instantly noticeable in screenshots, especially if they're hi-res or compressed using a lossy algorithm (ie. JPEG).

AF as you say is more noticeable when moving the map around, or if you have a gridded terrain mod smile.gif