Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Question on Pillbox MG

Don't know about the points for abandoned MG pillboxes because of running out of ammo. But, wow! Those pillboxes lived that long. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You better get a new opponent, because your present one is not too good or he has no pillbox killers (which is somewhat unlikey). tongue.gif

Cheers, Richard

:D:D

Richard,

The boxes are covered by 88 boxes so you can't really set around and shoot at them. The inf has a long haul over the beach so plenty of time to use up the ammo. This part of the front cannot be assulted very well and will have to be flanked, which has its own kind of grief as well.

lee

Redwolf,

Thanks for the link. Much to my surprise those crews were leaving their boxes when the ammo showed 0. I just had another one go to 0 but the target line was still showing. I told him to hide. I will see if they stay put or not. I have my doubts.

lee

LeeW, it would be great to know whether the pillbox abanonded this way will in fact count as knockout points.

If you have soem time, please run a test as written in the other thread. I'd be happy to do the math if you point the end screen results, but I have no time for the scenario setup.

Originally posted by LeeW:

Allied score 43

Axis score 0

Allied total victory

Small Flag neutral

no losses either side except the abandoned box.

Allies have won about 75 victory points.

Also the crew from the box has the red "!".

Pillboxes are vehicles, logic-wise so the crews are treated the same.

I think that is also the reason why the box is abanonded in first place. If a vehicle is gun damaged or out of ammo and at the same time immobile, it gets abanonded automatically.

Obviously the pillbox guys wonder where the first gear of their box is and give up eventually, blaming the manufracturer of the "vehicle" :D

Someone wants to mail BTS about it so that CMBB gets an exception code for pillboxes. While at it, remind Madmatt about the split squad vpoints bug I mailed him about and didn't hear back :)