CMBB Freezing

Howdy,

I am one of those that had trouble installing so perhaps that has something to do with my problem.

I have the files that didn't load and everything seemed to be running all right until recently when I've had a couple of battles that just froze. Both times I've been clicking on a tank. What happens is the tank engine noise 'sticks' and starts repeating. The computer locks up including the keyboard. I have to hit the restart button to get it going.

It doesn't happen in every game just the two so far. I know that makes it much harder to troubleshoot.

Here's my system specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7VRX VIA KT333

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000

Memory: 256MB Samsung PC-2700 DDRAM

Video: Leadtek GeForce 4 MX-440

Audio: Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

Hard Drive: 80GB IBM 7200RPM

DVD/CD: Pioneer 16X DVD 117

The computer is almost brand-spanking new. I bought it from ABS in August.

I am currently downloading the latest drivers for the sound card although to be honest I'm not sure what the current version of driver I have.

Thanks for any light anyone could shed on this.

Cardinal Fang

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition

[ October 06, 2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Cardinal Fang ]

Originally posted by George-III:

See this post:

CMBB is "freezing" on me.

George-III,

I saw that post but there are a couple of differences that I should've made clear. In Thomas Goetz's case he said that the sounds continue and made no mention of a vehicle sound "stuttering".

Also he mentions that he can still move his mouse cursor whereas in my case everything locks up. I've also played many games all the way through with no problem whatsoever. I don't think that temperature is a problem since I always keep my apartment cool (or freezing if you ask my girlfriend :D ) and the computer has two cooling fans in addition to the power supply fan.

Perhaps I should go ahead and download one of those programs that tells you how hot your computer is running though.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Have Comfy Chair. Will Travel.