CMBB review in Finnish Tekniikan Maailma

The very widely read Finnish magazine Tekniikan maailma (http://www.tekniikanmaailma.fi), which mostly reviews cars and home electronics has in its latest issue ranked the best computer games for 2002. Of the 3 categories Console games, PC games and Children's games, CMBB gets the first place in the PC category, and is the only game with 5 stars out of five! smile.gif

As this is a ranking article more than a full-scale review, the text is short and consise. This is my very quick translation:

"CMBB is a turn-based, WW2 east-font era strategy wargame, which also can be played by email. You can for example send your next turn's orders from your desk to a collegue at the other side of the office. This way your working days go swiftly by while thinking of tactics, and your boss won't have a clue. "Gosh, it will take me the whole day to reply to all these emails."

However, PBEM is nothing particularly new or revolutionary. CM2 instead draws interest through its realism and error-free depiction of tactical combat. The field units work like their real counterparts, and the shouting of the individual soldiers is like something taken straight from "Tuntematon sotilas". (the by far most famous Finnish war movie, my comment) Even the computer is a worthy opponent, and in order to beat it you need to use the terrain and resources at your disposal in their best ways.

Good:

- Profound strategy

- Needs dedication

- Longlivedness

Bad

- Roughish graphics

No 2 was Battlefield 1945 and No 3 Mafia, No 4 Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind and No 5 Unreal Tournament 2003.

Originally posted by Hurricane:

This is my very quick translation:

the shouting of the individual soldiers is like something taken straight from "Tuntematon sotilas". (the by far most famous Finnish war movie, my comment)

Do the CMBB Finns really swear that much?

David