Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Ambient Sound Problems

First off would like to say, just found out about this game surfing the web to find mods for the West Front,East Front 2 and Rising Sun. I just happened to stumble across this gem of a game and have been very pleased with it. The issue im having is with lock ups, im running a p2 300mhz <cough> with a geforce 2 video card and sB live, and have 128mb ram. If I run the game with no ambient sound it works just fine, Ive confirmed that there are no conflicts because my video card was irq 10 and sb live was irq 10, so I moved the sb live card and disabled the usb support because I dont use usb devices. The sound card is now irq 11 and geforce 2 card<running driver 27.10> is irq 9 both devices are working properly but when I enable ambient sound the game locks up sometimes within a few minutes say 10 or 15 and sometimes within hours its very intermittent. If anyone has an easy fix for this problem I would really appreciate it, thanks much.

I'm not sure what to recommend here. Do you know what version of the Live drivers you have installed ? Are you running any other audio programs in the background (MP3 player, etc.) ? What Live utilities do you have loaded up ? Typically I'd suggest disabling all of the extras that come with the Live (Environmental sounds, etc.) to see if this helps with the audio or not.

What OS are you using, Win2K or XP ? Here's a Creative update from November 1, 2001.

I,m running XP going to download the drivers you pointed me to I may have already done that but I will make sure. I disabled all start up of mp3 software and even uninstalled them to fight this problem I will keep plugging away at it and see if changing the settings for enviromental sound helps also, thanks for all the help its very appreciated.