uber- ism

Originally posted by tigger:

I don't know German and have had no luck finding (via German dictionaries) what the term "uber" means. It is obvious that everyone here knows. Would someone do me the humble favor of explaining what this word means?

Thanks, john

You are not finding it because it is spelled über, not uber

Originally posted by tigger:

Thanks for the help gents! While we're at it (this is off topic), there was much discussion of "treebursts" in CMBO. Does the computer calculate a difference when arty fires into a patch of pines or woods?

Yes, some will burst up higher, you can see this during the movie. This will do worse damage/suppression to nearby troops, and can possibily kill the crewmembers in open-topped vehicles (or unbuttoned TC's), causing them to abandon. I lost a Wespe in scattered trees in a recent CMBO PBEM to a nearby 105mm treeburst.

"über(pronounced: ooh-bur) is a German word that translates literally into the word "over" in English. Why is it special? I find it to be the coolest word in existance because it looks neat, sounds funny and is just different. UberMag is called just that because I ran across the word in a magazine, and in context it meant "very different", which applies to this mag, if you ask me. If you are still confused, don't feel bad. I'm just some crazy gal that likes some

crazy word. -- http://members.aol.com/ubermonkee/meaning.html

opps...wrong definition...