I've read the manual, honest I have but......

I'm a bit stuck trying to make a scenario. It's not a serious one for the net - more of a test bed for learning stuff, but I've got a couple of problems.

1] How on earth do you get from the Preview screen back to the main editor ?. Can't see a hot key listed, tried enter, etc but nothing doing - only two ways out I could find a] ALT Q ( really don't want to do this ), b] press GO ( makes CMBO go all funny ) Please tell me I'm missing something really obvious.

2] I've set up my initial zones in zone mode and allocated units to where I want them to start, however no matter what I do, they won't take on the base colour of the appropriate zone but stay resolutely grey ie : neutral - I've evidently missed something but again I don't seem to be able to find an answer in the manual.

Any help gratefully received.

1] Press the "GO" button in the preview screen. It should work. I cannot understand what's your problem with it.

2] In the "parameters" section you can choose what's the side (east, west, north or south) for each army. That's the initial setup you find in the "preview" screen after you put a new unit in the map, despite the setup coloured zone you have painted.

Hope it helps.

Originally posted by Agentorange:

2] I've set up my initial zones in zone mode and allocated units to where I want them to start, however no matter what I do, they won't take on the base colour of the appropriate zone but stay resolutely grey ie : neutral - I've evidently missed something but again I don't seem to be able to find an answer in the manual.

Ok, in the scenario editor the units don't take on the colour of there zone, this only happens in the scenario setup, when you start the battle. If they are German they will stay gray in the editor, if Green they are American etc.

Originally posted by Leta:

1] Press the "GO" button in the preview screen. It should work. I cannot understand what's your problem with it.

What happens is that once I've pressed Go, it comes out of the preview and goes back top the main editor, so far so good. However all the writing, the wind rose and any other lettering has taken on a peculiar mottled effect - like a weird campflage scheme. if I quit out of the editor and into scenarios the same has happened to all the scenarios, they become almost unreadable, and the briefings appear over the top of the scenario list. I've got both the additional CD loaded and the patch as well. Any ideas ?

Originally posted by Panzerman:

[/qb]

Ok, in the scenario editor the units don't take on the colour of there zone, this only happens in the scenario setup, when you start the battle. If they are German they will stay gray in the editor, if Green they are American etc.[/QB]

If you have the retail version of CMBO (CDV version) don't install the 1.12 patch!!!! That may be your problem. Or any patch on the BTS website, your version is 1.12 already, even though it may say 1.03 or something like that.

[ March 24, 2002, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by Agentorange:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzerman:

Ok, in the scenario editor the units don't take on the colour of there zone, this only happens in the scenario setup, when you start the battle. If they are German they will stay gray in the editor, if Green they are American etc.

Ah, right so if I understand you correctly the only time I'll see them as the appropriate colour is when I actually run it as a scenario rather than working on it via the editor ?[/QB]</font>