Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Words are printing over words

M38

I just bought my first PC and I bought Combat Mission for it and love the game. I do have two problems: when I am in the part that describes the scenario (the screen after the scenario selection) the words on the second and subseqent pages are over laid on the fist page and are unreadble, the second problem is that I can't minimize or get out of the game once a scenario starts. I am running the game on a Dell Dimension 8200 using Windows XP. Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Your Dell must have a GeForce card in it. You'll need to update your drivers since what you're seeing is the 'white transparency' problem. The latest official drivers are 28.32 and you can get them here from NVidia (these are the Windows 2000/XP drivers).

I believe that you can install these over what Dell has (which are most likely the default ones that come with Windows XP) without problems. On occasion it is best to uninstall previous video drivers, but I don't think Dell has installed anything newer than what comes with the OS by default.