Units Pick Question

Hello group,

I am just learning to make custom scenario's.

Is there a way to create a map for an email game and allow both sides a predetermined amount of points ( say 1,000 ) and then setup the parameters ( say unrestricted ) for them to pick what units they want ??

Thx,

GB

:confused: :confused:

Yes, but it involves the honor system, as you cannot use your own map and quick battle type force selection. You would just make your purchases, not exceeding 1000 pts (or whatever value you and your opponent had settled on), save it and send it to your opponent to do the same, then start the game like usual.

Unit selection would always be "unrestricted", as you can select (and edit) whatever you want, obviously.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

[QB][QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> :

No, that is just far to dangerous.

I take it then, when tournaments occur with custom boards the maker of the board is picking all the troops ahead of time ?!

Is there a way to setup a quick battle with all the parameters and then go in and reconfigure the map ? Just delete everything on the map and start over ?

Have you heard of any improvements for custom boards in the next version of CM ?

Thx,

GB

:eek:

In several tournaments I have played, the battle creator has both sides send a list of their purchases to him, based on whatever battle parameters he has set. He then purchases them for both players, and sends the battle out to the first player. The game then commences from both side's Setup phase.