Foxholes/trenches in imported maps

I finished the second half of a thrilling TCP/IP game last night, with myself as the German defending against a Soviet assault. We're planning to use the same map for a mirror game, with me as the Soviet attacker.

I created a Quick Battle against the AI from both sides to check the new map import feature, and make sure there was nothing unexpected going to happen.

I noticed that although, barbed wire, roadblocks, TRPs and the like were removed, as well as knocked out vehicles, MY trenches, foxholes and fallback foxholes will be available to my opponent at no extra cost to himself.

I also noticed that the defender in such a situation is able to enter fallback foxhole placement mode and "lift up" imported foxholes. Now, he's going to have plenty foxholes of his own, but I'd be interested to know how effective foxholes are at hindering armoured movement if laid in "strings", something very possible to do with 100+ "extra" foxholes. I'd also like to know how effective overlapping foxholes would be at simulating more organic trench systems.

Another observation is that imported trenches can be lifted in a similar fashion, although they come up in segments and convert to unused fallback foxholes (5 per trench).