Taking the Multiplayer plunge

Still pretty new to this game, just needed some information on what it will take to make the multiplayer game run smooth. I would mainly need the method most widely used to communicate to other players in the unlikely event one is disconneted from the game and such. ;)

I'd say the critical thing to have is the player's email address. Many people have an instant messenger (like ICQ, MS Messanger, AIM, or Yahoo's IM), and if you both have the same program that can be great. But since email is almost universal, it is the first thing to depend on.

And since people loose thier connections occaisionally, email is a more reliable way to get a message to an opponent, since you can send it anytime, and they can get it once they're back online. Instant messangers can't always do that.

If you loose connection during a TCP/IP game, you'll need to use the autosave file that CMBO makes to restart the game. You'll find more detailed instructions about this and other TCP/IP issues in the CMBO's "INTERNET PLAY READ ME.txt" file.