How does CMMOS work? Do I unzip downloaded files?

Once you have CMMOS installed, adding mods is pretty much the same as it always has been. You unzip the mods and place the BMP files in the CMBO\BMP folder. The new files usually don't replace existing files becuase of their unique file names. Occasionally you will get a new mod that requires you to add some info to the rule set folders, but those mods usually come with detailed instructions, and I think the latest version of CMMOS makes those types of updates unnecessary.

Always make sure that when you move mods into your CMBO/BMP folder you only move the mods, and nothing else. The program won't read inside of folders. We've gone to considerable pains to make sure everything gets zipped flat, but every now and then something slips through.

For myself, I always make a new folder somewhere safe and unzip into it before I put anything into my CMBO/BMP folder. That way I know exactly what I'm putting in there. And you can save the mod in the unzipping folder as a back-up. A lot of the notoriously unread readme files have only come to light because I follow this slightly labor-intensive practise.

In general, CMMOS the program has self-installers: set it up so that it installs to something like C:\Program Files\GEM Software Productions\ CMMOS. Do not install it inside of your CMBO folder ( a lot of people have tried this and have wondered why their CMMOS doesn't work...). The mods themselves, unzipped, not in folders, should go in the CMBO\BMP folder. A lot of people try to put them in the CMMOS folder, and wonder why their CMMOS doesn't work. Since CMMOS 3.02 everything else has become fairly automatic, just follow the prompts in the self-installing program. The mod files do not self-install, that has to be done manually (and its better that way, believe me).