Minefield Lotto

I've played several scenarios where minefields have been featured and I played the demo version (Valley) at least a dozen times and I don't think I've ever had a man step on a mine whether he's my man or an enemy. Is this common or have I just been extremely fortunate? I haven't given them a wide berth either, I've had men pass by the signs on all sides.

You know that there are two sort of mines, anti-tank and anti-infantry? Anti-tank mines will not hurt infantry, only vehicles.

But the anti-infantry mines work pretty well. A full US squad (regulars) will usually suffer 1-3 casualties when running into a minefield. And they get a moral hit, too.

I think there are two types of CM players. Those who've set off mine fields and those who are going to. :eek:

Seriously though, I too have had few problems with mines or wire untill this past week. I just started playing claustraphobia and I've walked into at least one mine field every turn. I don't know if my opponetnt set it up or that is the default placement but it has been very annoying. One squad hit a field in two consecutive turns, poor sods.....

I don't think you're going to see them in ME. Unless you are attacking prepared defenses they just aren't going to be around. If you don't play that kind of battle the chances of running into them is going to be lower.

Hey,

I've always doubted mines... until I was playing and attack/defense with some guy who was defending a town. The sneaky bastard placed a land mine right in front of the first flag and left it pretty ungaurded...

I had an entire platoon nearly wiped out because they ran over some of the mines. The faster your men move the more damage mines cause.