Italian Sniper bug?

When playing a QB, I had a chance to use an Italian sniper. I noticed that no weapon was listed in the weapon slot window. Furthermore, even though Russian partisans were literally crawling right in front of him, he never fired his weapon once. Could this be a bug? I didn't get a chance to explore it further as I ordered him back, during which he was killed.

No weapon is displayed in the window for snipers - I suspect this is one of the bmps that was left out of the final release. I am almost finished with a total interface conversion, and it is obvious there are many weapon graphics that were not released. Either these will form part of the next patch or not, but there are many "vacant" bmp numbers, once one gets into them, that are very tantalizing. Right now, many graphics are shared - ie AA guns being represented by AT guns in the interface, etc. I can only imagine the intention is for a future patch to address these issues - and to provide a sniper weapon graphic?

Note also that the Mauser rifle graphic is used to represent other weapons in use by other armies. Is it possible these shared bmps will be replaced in a future patch?

Arrghhhh a frenchman said something about "panicking" and "running"!

Now I'm really offended.

Heh, il tipo gia rompeva prima.

Poi è francese, quindi proprio non dovrebbe dire niente su faccende militari. :D

Almeno noi abbiamo combattuto per 3 anni! :cool:

Portano il pane sotto le ascelle, non sapevano neanche utilizzare le posate prima di averglielo insegnato noi.

Fran, ma hai ricevuto le mie email?

p.s. Pascal, basically I said that (since we're talking about food) we taught you how to use forks , spoons etc to eat something, since before that you just ate with your bare hands in a good old fashioned barbarian way! :D

[ September 30, 2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: audace ]