Originally posted by dalem:

SBS-

In the interests of fairness I'd like to gently point out that while you'll see my name in almost all of the threads about CM:BB being hard to like, you will never see it attached to rude or overly combative posts. No one is demanding you like the game, or even play it. There have been a handful of threads just in the past week where some of us have discussed what we don't like about the game, and even some things that might indeed be "broken". Steve G himself (who does a little more than work in Photoshop, sir) has even commented in several of them to help us understand his vision of the game. None of these threads were censored, deleted, or in any other way compromised. They are all alive and well and ready for mature discourse.

But you began this thread with a distinct lack of tact, and that is what is incensing those of us who are incensed and bothering to comment. I'm actually a little embarrassed and wondering now if any of my complaint posts read even slightly as rude as yours do.

So to sum up, learn some tact, learn a little about WWII, and/or learn a little about your OS (if it didn't write anything to the Registry then there's nothing that can't be deleted via Explorer or a DOS prompt).

laxx-

You have truly proved that pictures are worth a thousand words. Excellent!

Hurricane-

If you really want Nazis on the Moon read Rocket Ship Galileo by R.A. Heinlein - a fun little tale from the Golden Age of Science Fiction.

-dale

Okay- well, I'm a bit combative. And... your point is? I'm not hiding behind a computer screen as Kwazy likes to think. I am actually like this in real life too- YOINKS! I speak what I think, and I won't butter things up. To do so is deceptive, and it's what I hate most about society in general. Tact I will use when I'm talking to someone in person while I'm at work, not when I am on a board I visit infrequently and I am disappointed with something. I am still initally responding to the amount of flames I have recieved from my initial post (again, which I take light-heartedly).

If everyone would take a step back and read what I have posted- you'd see that I'm not as combative as you suggest. Okay- so what if my first post was forceful? It wasn't directed at anyone personally. It's the majority of fanboys that wanted to stir things up. Read the next post after mine- it sets the tone. This is my last post concerning this topic (I will zip it up as Steve suggested)- since I think there may be others added- but I want you at least to know where I stand.

Thanks Steve- I think, for giving me the opportunity to post the pics I may have concerning Selection Box and Unit Base no-shows. It'll only help you make a better product in the long run.

Suicides, if you are honestly like this in your every day life then that is a real pitty, as it must be a hard and stressful life to lead. It would probably explain why you car always comes back from the mechanic with a different problem or why you computer costs twice as much to get fixed than everyones else though. What goes around comes around...thats life.

Okay, now, I didnt make myself clear in my last post so I will now. Please feel free to carry out polite discussion on our forum about CM and any problems you feel the need to bring up or whatever else you like over in the general forum. If you feel the need to be rude (cut out this 'butter things up' crap, there is a big difference between honest critism and abuse) then take it else where.

There is no need to be rude and to do so in the manner you have in unacceptable here...I dont like it directed at us and more importantly I wont risk it being directed at our descent posters when Im not around. As I said, the choice is yours...here is a chance to start afresh.

Dan

[ November 05, 2002, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]