Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBO upgrade?

Pud

I know Steve et al have said there will be no patch to bring CMBO to CMBB level of play.

However, Steve, have you considered an upgrade for CMBO that will give it the same commands, graphics (except of course leaving in shockwaves) but at a price to the CMBO owner? Say $15 (requiring original cd, upgrade not being a standalone). Im sure there wouldnt be a single one of us 10,000 members who would not pay it (so long as shockwaves stay in)

Originally posted by Pud:

I know Steve et al have said there will be no patch to bring CMBO to CMBB level of play.

However, Steve, have you considered an upgrade for CMBO that will give it the same commands, graphics (except of course leaving in shockwaves) but at a price to the CMBO owner? Say $15 (requiring original cd, upgrade not being a standalone). Im sure there wouldnt be a single one of us 10,000 members who would not pay it (so long as shockwaves stay in)

Ah, my 2nd fave topic (hot in the heels of CDV-talk) !

You got to admire the fact that no matter how often Steve says "no" to hopes of upgrading CMBO to BB's standards, some brave soul brings up the topic once again. There's a bit of the same stubbornness as was in the Finnish defenders in the Karelian Isthmus in June/July -44. (now I'm at it again... redface.gif )

IMO (not speaking for BTS), this will not happen.

CBMO is finished. There would be no way to give CMBO the same commands as CMBB, for example, shoot n scoot, hull down, cover arc etc without a major rewrite of the CMBO code.

I personally would rather see their resources going to either the next installment of CM or the 'complete' rewrite to give us CMII.

[ September 13, 2002, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Zulu ]

If I thought they could "whip off" a CMBO upgrade to the level of CMBB for the ETO in the time frame of CMBO, I would be happy to pay the full $45.00 U.S. for the new game.

They say they can't and they won't so lets move on to CMII and hope it covers some other interesting time and theatre of WWII.

I think CMII should use all the info and data from all the models and units and time frames of BOTH CMBO and CMBB and put it ALL into a NEW BIG robust KILLER game engine (the CMII rewrite) :D to be released sometime in late 2004 or 2005

but that's just me DREAMING!

-tom w

[ September 13, 2002, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Aka Tom W. That is a great idea! I have often wondered just how exciting the "new engine" will be, but then I get disappointed when I think that all this fancy new firework and the only battles we'll be able to use it with is in Africa or the Med or wherever.

I wish that te re-write would be WW2 in it's TOTALITY! I mean, we really need the early war, etc, but I don't know...

[Edit] Oh, the topic - come on Pud, get a grip. :D

[ September 13, 2002, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]