upgrade to OSX-- problems?

Hi,

I upgraded from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X a couple of months ago. I had no problems at all. smile.gif It even recognized my Epson printer and installed the driver for it. I did have to install a driver under Classic in order print from Classic Apps.

CMBO does not :( run under Classic. I just restart under Mac OS 9 and play away.

Regards,

David

Ripper,

CMBO will not run under OS X (in either native or classic modes).

You need to boot in OS 9 and delete the OS X extensions before you can run it. Then as soons as you reboot into OS X those extensions get added back in.

You can either do this on a regular basis or setup Extension Manager / Conflict Catcher to automatically move the extensions out when you re-boot.

I have setup a 2nd separate OS 9 System Folder so that I don't need to move the extensions in and out everytime.

Hope that helps.

I like Windows, heck i even wanted to buy an ATI card just cause their kind of the underdog to Nvidia, but opted for Nvidia for obvious reasons.

I must admit i am ignorant to the inner workings of OSX, i just like the slick interface. How does it stack up to Windows XP? :confused:

[ July 09, 2002, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Gaylord Focker ]